Friday 2 September 2011

tangerine dream





I have stormed through another book-My life in Orange by Tim Guest it is the biography of the fantastic (unfortunately, late) Tim Guest and his time growing up within a commune. The book has a fantastic human tale and documents a very different childhood to  my own. Nothing is over-egged, no one completely vilified and everything is told through the eyes of an incredibly bright and astute child. The book is both relate able and completely alien simultaneously and it is a true delight to read. Both thought provoking and escapist.

As the Sayans of the commune only wear colours of the sun, I thought I would pick out a few orange and red things I am lusting over- dresses by Christopher Kane, shoes by Miss Selfridge.(This is what I would wear if I had a fashion commune).

Think I may have a bit of a peruse and see if I can find any good commune photography. Will report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment